Results oriented Information Technology Software Test Engineer with expertise in information systems, computer networking, and 3G telecommunication systems. Broad experience in consulting, developing and delivering training in telecommunication systems. Commended for outstanding execution in systems test design and operations. Expert in telecommunications systems, SS7 protocol and architecture. Extensive experience in UNIX, SUN Solaris, Windows, Microsoft Office 2000. Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- § UNIX shell, SED and AWK, C, C++, Perl, HTML, COBOL, JAVA
NCS Technologies Inc Phoenix Arizona, January 2011 to Current
Contract to General Dynamics C4 Systems/Systems Test Engineer Future Combat Systems
- Reviewed system requirements, wrote test procedures from those requirements and performed systems tests on the complete system using Linux operating system. Performed system analysis of resulting test failures and wrote numerous Problem Change Requests for issues found with quality of the overall system.
Superior Technical Resources, Phoenix Arizona, February 2006 to December 2008
Contract to General Dynamics C4 Systems/Systems Test Engineer Rescue 21
- § Reviewed system requirements, wrote test procedures from those requirements and performed systems tests on the complete system. Performed system analysis of resulting test failures and wrote numerous Problem Change Request for issues found with quality of the overall system. Discovered issues in the VOIP technology. This resulted in a higher quality product for the United States Coast Guard.
- § Started performance measurements on a routine bases that has resulted in the redesign of software used to locate distressed callers in search and rescue situations, making the software much more efficient and capable of handling a greater number of calls. These performance measurements are now performed with each software release.
Rosado Computer Support,Pataskala Ohio Dec 2002 to November 2005
Small Office Systems Design, Install and Maintenance
- § Investigated small office needs and requirements. Developed proposals for the owners and implemented the solutions. This included firewalls, servers and desktop systems. This included MS Windows based systems and Linux systems.
Qwest Communications, Product Planning and Marketing, Dublin, Ohio 2001 to 2002
Senior Test Engineer/Testing and Automation
- § Lead system test engineer and coordinated system test operations for a new short-term IVR TnR project. Developed high quality test documentation, which was easy to use. Designed and implemented system test solutions that came in under budget and resulted in high quality network software.
Lucent Technologies, Bell Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio 1996 to 2001
Software Engineer/Member Technical Staff
- § Lead system test engineer and coordinated team system test operations, which resulted in high quality network software, using sublime for software control.
- § Developed Test Plans, tests and performed tests as System Test Engineer for Voice Over ATM and Voice Over IP, which allowed others to come up to speed faster and find more software bugs.
- § Designed and implemented real time system test solutions for Software Architecture, including multi location lab testing arrangements, resulting in high quality software.
- § Provided training in VOIP and VOATM, allowing new people and document writers to be productive in about one third the normal time.
- § Architect of the Development and Test Laboratories across multiple locations allowing the CEO of Lucent to demonstrate system operations in Ohio and Illinois from New Jersey.
AT&T, Bell Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio 1991 to 1996
Software Engineer/Senior Technical Associate
- § Provided lab support testing and training in SS7 protocol, which promoted high quality software for our customers, using sublime for software control.
- § Successfully mentored new associates resulting in promotions and full time placement for a contract employee.
- § Developed and programmed and implemented a new inventory control system for the Signaling Department, which saved more 2,000 hours and provided more reliable circuit pack test results.
AT&T Communications, Lansing, Michigan 1988 to 1991
System Consultant/Major Markets
- § Designed and customized client communications network, resulting in satisfied customers staying with AT&T.
- § Provided Pre-Sales preparation and network implementation post-sale which resulted in the second highest network sales in the branch of 20 Account Executives.
- § Created and operated trade shows, exhibits and seminars, allowing customers to operate and experience our product.
Western Electric Dublin Training Center, Dublin, Ohio 1984 to 1988
- Developer & Instructor/Technical Training Services
- Developed and delivered beginning and advanced courses for major clients on the AT&T No2/2A Signal Transfer Point Operations and Maintenance and SS7 protocol.
- Wrote and produced animated training videotape for use in classes, shortening the class by one day.
- Wrote Reference Manual for in-house simulator language resulting in a shorter learning curve for new employees.
AT&T International, Saudi Arabia and Egypt 1982 to 1984
- § Provided leadership and supervision to in-country nationals who spoke only Arabic on the installation and maintenance of the AT&T 1A ESS switch. Worked closely with interpreter to communicate with the group.
- § Developed a Training Package for Egyptian new-hires, successfully communicating across both cultural and language barriers, building effective relationships at all levels.
Bachelors, Computer Science, Otterbein College, Westerville, Ohio.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Honored with many Awards from both management and peers.
- § Recognition for contributions to diversity
- § “Bell Laboratories Silver Award” for outstanding level of innovation
- § Recognized for, “Behavior Norms, Positive Leverage”, “Customer Focus”, “Enjoyable Environment”, in three separate awards.
- § Comments included “flawless execution and strong contributions to quality”, “dedication to helping customers”, “Excellent initiative and follow through”, “successfully organized the Bellcore Quality Process Audit”, “strong customer focus”, “effective use of prototyping to manage risks”, “An obsession with serving our customers”.